EIA Scholarship ($1,000)
This scholarship is awarded to Students who finished their high school diploma from Edmonton Islamic Academy and who achieved an average of 85% or higher and are enrolled to pursue post-secondary studies. Students must demonstrate community service and Islamic values to be eligible for this scholarship.
Award Value: $1,000
Application Opens: 1st July
Application Deadline: 31st August
Applying for: January Winter Semester
- have attained an overall average of 85% or higher in five designated courses in Grade 12 as calculated from marks on a valid Alberta Education transcript.
- be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary or apprenticeship program. (Full-Time is defined as 80% course load or higher)
- demonstrate community service & volunteer work of (at least 100 hours in the last 12 months)
- Averages are not rounded-up for scholarship purposes.
- All courses must be completed before starting post-secondary studies.
Applicants must have an Average of 85.0% or higher in five of the following subjects:
- English 30-1, and
- At least four of the following:
- Mathematics 31
- Mathematics 30-1
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Physics 30
- Social Studies 30-1
Applicants must :
- Apply by 15th September
- Fill out application form in full
- Upload one signed, current (less than one year old), reference letter (references from friends are discouraged and references from family members will not be accepted).
- Upload a statement of marks for most recent completed studies (Official transcripts are required at time of application. A photocopy or print out from a school website or report card is not acceptable).
- Upload proof of enrollment for post-secondary studies, if available, at the time of your application
Strong applications will emphasize the applicant’s:
- maturity and a commitment to their studies
- motivation to be engaged meaningfully in their community and the world at large
Students will be notified by email of the status of their application in mid-October.
- Once awarded, scholarship value will be sent directly to the student.
- Students must notify the Office of AREF of any changes to their application.
- Faxed, Scanned, or Mailed Applications are not accepted. Applicants must only apply online.
- Each page of the Online applications must be saved, and applications must be submitted in order to be assessed.