Research Studies ($3,000)
This $3,000 scholarship is awarded to post-graduate students who have completed at least one year of Masters or PhD studies related to issues with direct benefits to the Canadian Muslim Communities. An example will be issues related to seniors in Canada (social, health, etc.), social issues (abuse, addiction, etc.). A short description of the research project (no more than 1000 words) must be submitted.
Award Value: $3,000
Application Opens: 1st July
Application Deadline: 31st August
Applying for: January Winter Semester
- be an Edmonton or surrounding area resident – the applicant or the applicant’s parent(s) must have resided in Edmonton or surrounding area during the previous 24 months
- be enrolled full-time in a post-graduate studies
Applicants must :
- Apply by 31st August
- Fill out application in full including essay questions.
- Upload two signed, current (less than one year old), reference letter (references from friends are discouraged and references from family members will not be accepted).
- Upload a statement of marks for most recent completed studies (Official transcripts are required. A photocopy or print out from a school website or report card is not acceptable).
Students will be notified by email of the status of their application in early November.
- Once awarded, scholarship value will be sent directly to the student.
- Students must notify the Office of AREF of any changes to their application.
- Faxed, Scanned, or Mailed Applications are not accepted. Applicants must only apply online.
- Each page of the Online applications must be saved, and applications must be submitted in order to be assessed.